Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    The one thing I find missing out of a lot of movies, are the big smash hit singles. I haven't seen one movie yet that a good song/single has come outta it.
    What's happened to all that?

    My Curse would have fit perfect for the new Spider-Man movie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    Effort to produce a good product?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    whas wrong with movies today?

    1.too much special effects...instead of having a good dialoge or idea for a script, lets just blow up some cars or jump a river.

    2.internet...can see whatever you want whenever you want. violence, nudity, whatever.

    3. todays comedies rely to much on "shock" humor (Borat/Jackass) then stuff that is actually funny. if kids wanna watch some real humor, watch somethin like Trading Places, Coming to America, Naked Gun, Caddyshack, or Ghostbusters.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    caddyshack was awesome!
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    I can't believe you're using The Naked Gun as an example. That was the movie that started the shock humor genre. Followed by such classics as Naked Gun 2 1/2, 33 1/3, Hot Shots, etc.

    That isn't to say that I didn't (and still do to some extent) love TNG.

    After spending the last 20 years watching pretty much every comedy released, I have to say that I'm quite burned out. There isn't a real effort to produce a quality product. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen everything you need to see.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    I hear "Knocked Up" is suppose to be the next great comedy. I guess we will see. Although, "Superbad" looks like a classic waiting to happen from the trailers. I could be wrong though. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    The last movie soundtrack I can remember being good was that Resident Evil one

  8. #8
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blue52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last movie soundtrack I can remember being good was that Resident Evil one</div></div>

    Major co-sign on that one. The RE:Apocalypse soundtrack was great from beginning to end.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member friedtaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2006
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What's missing from movies now-a-days?

    I noticed that the "action" movie stars are pretty pathetic now a days. Vin Diesel, the Rock, etc. their movies just all seem to be junk. What happened to guys like Shcwarzenegger or Stallone?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •